Monday, October 15, 2007

K is for Kin


This vegetable family is a weirdly endearing stamp from Ken Brown. To make this card, I stamped the family on glossy white stock and on a post it note. I cut out the image on the post it, and used that to mask off the family, so I could stamp the background.

I wanted a different background that was more dynamic than I had been doing, so I used the edge of a makeup sponge to get a radial effect with a couple of different colors of blue. I am really happy with that. It just shouts look at me!

I peeled off the mask, and then embossed the K from Ma Vinci's Reliquary Phlax by Day set, and the word Kin with silver detail powder.

I colored in the family with different vegetable-ish colors of gel pens. Because I liked the beet red color the most, I mounted the card on beet colored card stock and then to finish it, I added some silver edging with a paint pen. My paint pen bit the dust, so I filled in a little bit with a silver gel pen, and then ended up dragging the edges over a silver pigment pad anyway.

1 comment:

San Diego Art Nut said...

I have a hard time picking my favorite. There is just something about a family of vegetables that remind me of my own after Turkey Day dinner.
Really good work with the coloring.
John K.