Monday, July 23, 2007
I tried something new for this card.
I had to.
I began the card with dye inks, alcohol, and glossy card stock, using a beet, orange, and yellow combination of inks dabbed onto the stock with a cotton ball saturated with alcohol. I then embossed the two vegetable people by Ken Brown with white detail embossing powder. They barely stood out, so then I added some color to them with a blender pen and more dye ink. The freaky white embossing powder was still wrong.
Argh - I could start over or try something different. The swap drop dead date was today, so I soldiered on.
I took some clear plastic laminate and stamped the people onto that with black StazOn ink. I flipped the image over and painted it with LuminArts Primary Elements Polished Pigments mica powder and simple solution #2. They took on some beet color with a little sparkle and depth.
The card looked bare, so I added an Irish blessing stamp over everything on the glossy card and masked A Jolly Good Fellow with a ripped edge post it. Then I edged the glossy stock with a Liquid Gold Marvy pen.
I needed to adhere the plastic to the glossy card, so I tried Stampin Up's Crystal Effects, a high gloss dimensional clear glue. Yikes! Messy but effective. The glue dissolved some of my inks and paints and went all runny for a bit, but I like things messy.
Still working on my alphabet cards.