Thursday, October 11, 2007

I is for Introspective


I folded up a babywipe and squeezed a couple of drops of blue reinker onto it. Then I wiped it across the surface of a glossy card. I wanted a little more color variation, so then I added some violet drops to another part of the babywipe, and moved that around on the paper.

I used a lady face stamp in a steel blue dye ink for the image, then stamped over it with the Emerson quote from Stamp of Excellence in a navy ink. The lady face is one of the first unmounted stamps I bought, and now I can't remember the maker. A good tip I've learned is to take a super fine Sharpie marker and write the credits on the back of unmounteds.

I embossed the I and the word Introspective with dark blue powder.

The card is mounted on dark navy card stock, and then I dragged the edges over a silver pigment pad.

No comments: