Monday, October 29, 2007

P is for Perambulator


I think this walking guy is fantastic. The stamp is marked Rubber Stamps of America, and so I thought it was a Ken Brown, but I don't find the image in the online store catalog. It really looks like a Ken Brown image, though. Maybe he is retired.

This card uses a masked image. I stamped the perambulator on white stock and also on a post-it note. I cut out the image on the post-it and placed it over the image stamped on the white card stock. Then, I sponged a variety of blue inks all over to create depth.

I sponged some mustard and browns near the bottom of the card, then stamped some grasses with a roller wheel across the bottom so it looks like he is walking on a grassy path.

I wanted to try adding a couple of flower brads, so I stamped a tiny plant bottom and then punched teeny holes to poke the brads through. I didn't like the brads the second I had added them, but it was too late. The holes and stems were already there.

I stamped the big P and the title Perambulator with Versamark ink so that I could emboss them with Verdigris embossing powder by PSX. I like the Verdigris powder because it has little metallic flecks in it, and comes out pebbly and rough when you heat it up. Tsukineko has a clear tutorial on using Versamark for embossing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw your post in Latest Trends and decided to have a look. I just had to make a comment here, because I love the brads on this card and I also liked the one above in a later post that you didn't like! Of course, they always look different in real life! It may take me a while to get through the rest, but I'm fascinated by the alphabet cards!