Saturday, March 14, 2009

Robins Egg Blue


I made this ATC for an upcoming swap, "What is Blue?" It is such a simple design, and sometimes that is best.

First I stamped the robin with black ink. This stamp is from Rubber Stamps of America. I love the detail. I stamped the image again on a post it note, and cut that one out to use as a mask. I masked the robin, and stamped the big egg. That stamp is from Norton Designs. When I first got the egg stamp, I thought it was defective because of the mottled image. Now I like that effect, and think it adds to the texture. I then stamped the text using tiny letters. I don't recall the maker of these tiny letters, and the blocks aren't marked. The ATC looked a little plain, so I masked the egg, and sponged some green and tangerine inks onto the card. To finish it, I used a q-tip with chalk to add a bit of color to the bird.

Spring is coming!

No comments: