Friday, December 30, 2011

New Baby = Hat and Booties


I made these tiny little things for my cousin's new baby. I liked this yarn quite a bit, and was happy to make baby things using colors that weren't pastels or primary. The hat pattern is Lyric, but I changed it a little bit because I ran out of time to make it taller.

The little boots are Magic Slippers, and were very easy to make. I was happy there was no seaming at all. The yarn is Patons Stretch Socks in the Mineral color. I also changed the Magic Slipper pattern a bit because I was worried the baby would kick them off. These are a cross between socks and slippers. I hope they stay on!


1 comment:

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

That yarn is the most gorgeous colour! I love it's differentness (is that a real word?) for babies items!

You're an amazing knitter Betty. I just picked up the needles again before Christmas after a 16year break!
I've been crocheting for those 16yrs! LOL
Have a great weekend.
kind regards,
Donna xx