Sunday, October 07, 2007

G is for Gossip

Ken Brown made the stamp of the two gossiping ladies. I have been buying his stamps for years from Rubber Stamps of America. The background diamonds are out of a Stampin' Up set, Looks Like Spring. I like that some of the color drops out of a few of the diamonds. For the ground, I used one of the sides of a Marble Cube from Stampendous!

I stamped the ladies first, then masked them with a trimmed post it note. I ripped a post it for the contour of the ground, then masked the ground and stamped the diamonds. After that, I masked the bottom of the diamonds with the other half of the ripped post it, and stamped the ground.

I colored in the ladies with markers.

I embossed the G and the word Gossip with black sparkling embossing powder, and mounted the card on dark red stock.

All of the initial letters I use on these cards are by Ma Vinci's Reliquary. For this alphabet set, I used Phlax by Day and also Phlax by Night. If you are a lettering and alphabet freak like me, her site is well-worth a visit. Helpful tip - scroll down to the bottom of the home page for an index to the names of all the alphabets.

No comments: