Wednesday, November 21, 2007

X is for Xenophile


I had a few different ideas for X, but this one was the best. I did have to use the dictionary to open my mind to the possibilities of the letter, and I settled on Xenophile because it meant I could use the French perfume ad from Diva Impressions.

I liked that because I wear Lolita Lempicka perfume, which is made in France.

For this card, I first made a wonderful ink and alcohol polished stone background with pink inks and some copper pigments for the veining. I stamped the Parfums Djemil with black document ink over that, then masked off the mirror and the torso of the woman with a torn post-it note. I also masked the inside of the big X. I stamped over the masks with an old French Script stamp from Stampin Up. I really like that script stamp, and use it a lot. The quote has something to do with moonlight, and it all sounds very romantic to me.

The X stamp is from Ma Vinci's Reliquary Phlax by Night set, and the title Xenophile is made from the Making Memories Rummage set. I like the Rummage set because each tiny letter has a magnetic back, and it is really easy to set the letters up to image.

No comments: