Sunday, January 27, 2008

You are the sunshine of my life


I made this atc for a swap with Midwest Stampers. The theme of the swap was Sounds of Love. It's a valentine swap, but I didn't use red, pink, cupids or hearts. I had Stevie Wonder's song in my head, and wanted to illustrate that instead.

I stamped a dreaming face from Stampland and embossed it with BMuse Very Fine Detail powder in Pale Orchid Metallic, which is purple with silver bits. I have a dreamy sun that I think is supposed to be used for cloth stamping, but I wanted to put that image over the face, like a veil. I embossed that one in silver. Sometimes you notice the dreaming face, and sometimes the sun. It's an interesting effect.

I painted the Curious Cryogen White Iridescent subtle/sparkly white cardstock from CutCardStock with Radiant Pearls for even more depth. First I put in some lighter areas with Sour Lemon, and then used Sweet Apricot to fill in. The Radiant Pearls paint wiped off of the embossed areas with a cotton ball.

Here are the lyrics of this beautiful song.

2 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

I love this ATC. Nice job! Sherry from Lake Forest, CA http://gotart4u.blogspot.com

morningDove said...

I love the overlay in this ATC. You did a great job and followed your thoughts all the way to the end. Stevie would not wonder!