Saturday, February 23, 2008

Snow Lady


I made this card for a Midwest Stampers Mingle swap. The swap is one for one, but I liked making the ladies and their different hats, so I made a few extra to trade.

To make this card, I used Ranger Clear Resist ink on glossy stock to stamp large and small snowflakes at random on the page. I then used a rubber brayer to lay Stamp It Daydream rainbow ink over the resist. I don't think Ranger makes this ink any longer. This is the first time I have ever used the resist ink, and I am so happy the pad was still juicy after being on the shelf for a few years. I used a Zig painty in silver to dot parts of the big snowflakes, and then used a Sakura Gelly Roll pen to make some blue dots on the small flakes. I cut up the glossy and set it aside.

I punched circles for the body and head of the lady from Malmero Pearl iridescent stock. I stamped the lady face in black and embossed it with detail EP. I can't credit the stamp and must have picked it up a long time ago - the copyright is 1999. I glued on black glitter for buttons, and then clear chunky glitter for snow.

I mounted the glittered circles on the violet background, then needed to add some clothes. I wanted a different texture than the paper and glitter, so I tried warm and cozy felt. I cut the hats in different shapes and glued sequins on them. Then I cut up some mossy green scarves and glued everything in place.

I added a tiny punched snowflake to lighten up the card.

This is the chunkiest card I have ever made. It was difficult to scan them, and a lot of the card is out of focus. A bit of the glitter fell onto the scanner glass and has been a trial to remove.

1 comment:

Mary McAndrew said...

Hi Betty,
Ok, even though I'm tired of seeing snow, I really like this! I liked the womans face you put on it, unusual, gives it the old fashioned feel.
Mary
www.marymcandrew.blogspot.com