Saturday, September 29, 2007

C is for Cowboy


I like this card.

First I sponged a little bit of light yellow ink on glossy white cardstock. Then I sponged light blue ink over that. The inks were not bold enough, so I took up a blue gray pad and pressed it directly onto the paper. You can see a few lines from the edge of the pad, but I like them too. I used a magenta color ink to put in some swirls and spatters with Stampin' Up background filler stamps. The little spatter stamp is one of my favorites, and the first tool I reach for when the image needs a little something.

The vaquero stamp is by Acey Deucy. He is stamped with coffee archival ink over everything. I am still working on getting good coverage with solid area stamps, as you can see on the horse's chest, flank, and hip.

To add to the western feel of the piece, I trimmed the corner with a Fiskars Nostalgia Corner Edger, and hammered a blue gray eyelet into the open space of the brown stock.

I used silver embossing powder for the C and Cowboy. I think the silver, blue, and brown color work very well together. Lastly, I dragged the edges of the brown stock over a silver pigment pad.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Love your alphabet ATC's so far, Betty - can't wait to see the rest of the alphabet.