Thursday, November 29, 2007

Y is for Yam


Lots of Radiant Pearls on this card.

I first stamped and embossed the yam image on white stock, and then painted him with Radiant Pearls paints. If you have never used them, Radiant Pearls are a peculiar, glisteny type of paint. They will not dry on a glossy surface, but given a little time, or a heat gun, will dry just fine on absorbent card stock. After they dry, they retain their pearly glisten. I like them.

I used a big background vine stamp [retired] from Stampin Up on the front of the card, then stippled some dark red and green Radiant Pearls on over all of that. I used a giant scallop punch from Stampin Up to open a window to the yam beneath and glued him to the back of the card, under the punch out. I like the contrast of the light blue and the dark green and reds.

I stamped and embossed the letter Y and Yam in B'Muse Sherbet Very Fine embossing powder. The silver has red and orange throughout and seemed very sweet-potatoey to me.

No comments: